When traveling to a state in which a vehicle is not registered under IRP or IFTA, additional permits may be necessary. Operating vehicles exceeding size and weight limitations are required to obtain a permit.

Trip Permits

When you travel in a location which is not registered under IRP, a trip permit must be obtained before entering that jurisdiction. The trip permit is a temporary permit issued in lieu of IRP registration credentials for properly registered vehicles.

Fuel Permits

In order to operate in a location in which your vehicle does not hold an IFTA decal and license, a temporary fuel permit is needed. You must secure a temporary fuel permit must accompany the vehicle prior to entering a jurisdiction for which you are not properly permitted.

Oversize and Overweight Permits

If a vehicle is oversize or overweight, you must obtain a permit authorizing movement according to vehicle size and weight.